The MAC Ball 2017
The main source of funding for the Musée Foundation, the annual MAC Ball is one of the most eagerly anticipated and closely watched events of the year. This festive evening has earned a reputation for its keen sense of style and good taste.
Orchestrated by Josée Noiseux, Chair of the Ball Organizing Committee, and staged by 45 DEGREES, the event planning and special projects arm of Cirque du Soleil, the exclusive event was inspired by George Orwell’s 1984. Guests were invited to step into a world of surveillance and deprivation of liberties that highlights how crucial it still is to defend those liberties on a daily basis. In addition, guests had the chance to participate in the Ball’s famous auction, made possible thanks to the generous artists who donated works to raise money for the Foundation.
The evening’s hosts was François Dufresne, President of the MAC Foundation; Josée Noiseux, Chair of the Ball Organizing Committee; Alexandre Taillefer, Chair of the MAC Board of Trustees; and John Zeppetelli, Director and Chief Curator of the MAC.
Honorary co-chairs were Mitch Garber, Chairman of the Board, Cirque du Soleil; France Margaret Bélanger, Executive Vice-President, Commercial and Corporate Affairs, Montreal Canadiens, Bell Centre and evenko; and Yanick Blanchard, Head of Corporate & Investment Banking, National Bank.
This year, the MAC Ball was held on September 16 at TOHU. The organizing committee and the team at 45 Degrees, which are in charge of the event’s artistic direction, offered a highly creative evening, full of surprises and packed with emotion.
The organizing committee was made up of:
- Sophie Banford; Executive Director and Editor, KO Média
- Anne-Marie Barnard; Director, Communications, Marketing and MAC Foundation
- Ruby Brown; President, Rubybrown.com
- Violette Cohen; volunteer tour guide, Montreal Museum of Fine Arts
- Nathalie Goyette; Partner, PwC Law LLP
- Stéphanie Larivière, Director, Equity Capital Markets, National Bank
- Josée Noiseux; General Manager for Advancement and Partnerships, New Cities Foundation
- Danièle Patenaude; Assistant Director, MAC Foundation
- Marie Samuel Levasseur; Coordinator, MAC Foundation
- Jean-Philippe Shoiry; Head of Content Strategy and Partner, Republik
- Marie-Josée Simard; Director, Legal Affairs, Duchesnay
- Nicolas Urli; Co-owner, Flyjin, Hà, Jatoba and Velvet Speakeasy
- Debbie Zakaib; Executive Director, mmode