The Nocturne on February 16 will give visitors a chance to visit the Rafael Lozano-Hemmer : Unstable Presence exhibition until 2 a.m.
Join the MAC: Four Nocturnes… priority access!
- Visit until 2 a.m.
- Interactive tours
- Art workshop from 6 p.m. to 12 a.m.
- DJs from 5 p.m. to 2 a.m.
- MAC educators will be on hand in all the galleries to answer your questions.
- Bar service and light bites ($)
- MAC Restaurant until 9 p.m. ($)
- Tequila tasting ($): Original products imported by Tequilart, partner of the exhibition Rafael Lozano-Hemmer
6 p.m. to 12 a.m.
Prompted by the spectacular installation Pulse Spiral, 2008, by Rafael Lozano-Hemmer, participants will be invited to create an electrifying drawing made up of various elements produced by pigment transfer. Depending on the pressure exerted, the energy applied and the number and density of gestures made by the fingertips on the surface, the outline of the bulbs will be revealed with more or less intensity.
7:30 p.m. / 8 p.m. / 8:30 p.m. / 9 p.m.
To give visitors a full appreciation of the current exhibitions, four tours will be offered during the Nocturne. These user-friendly visits will facilitate exchanges of views and ideas on the exhibitions, and will be held at:
From 6 to 11 p.m., educators will also be on hand in the galleries to answer visitors’ questions.
- 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.: FOXTROTT (Listen on Soundcloud)
- 8 p.m. to 11 p.m.: CFCF (Listen on Soundcloud)
- 11 p.m. to 2 a.m.: PRIORI (Listen on Soundcloud)
Yöti Installation from Jean-Philippe Côté.
Yöti is an automated portrait artist that uses salvaged 1980s pen plotters to draw, on actual paper, the likeness of participants using algorithmically-generated squiggly lines. Yöti can be thought of as a deconstructed photobooth.
The MAC Nocturne is presented by
$19 / Free for MACarte holders