The Nocturne of November 13 will run all the way to 2 a.m.! A unique urban experience, in the heart of downtown and a hub of creativity. On the program: exhibitions, art workshops, DJs, atmospheric lighting and Nocturne cocktails.
Join the MAC: Four Nocturnes… priority access!
- Visits of the exhibitions until 2 a.m.
- Artist performance from 7 to 8 p.m.
- Interactive tours
- DJs from 5 p.m. to 2 a.m.
- Art workshop from 6 p.m. to 12 a.m.
- Musée educators will be on hand in all the galleries to answer your questions
- Bar service and light bites
- Patrick Bernatchez: Les Temps inachevés
- Dana Schutz
- Camille Henrot: Grosse Fatigue
- New Discoveries and Other Obsessions
- L’Œil et l’Esprit
Performance by Patrick Bernatchez
For this Nocturne, we are presenting a performance by Patrick Bernatchez from 7 to 8 p.m. in the heart of his exhibition Les Temps inachevés exhibition.
From within his installation 77k, 1er, 2e et 3e mouvement (Goldberg Experienced.03), made up of a 16-mm film, 8 record players and 8 33-rpm records, the artist will immerse us in an enigmatic atmosphere. He will alter and accentuate sound levels by modulating the components of his work.
Art with a Twist
6 p.m. to 12 a.m.
Slowly and continuously, one twist at a time, we will wrap a small, everyday object with thread and turn it into a novel cocoon. This assembly operation will be preceded and followed by a drawing activity involving observation and interpretation. For this occasion, we will take our inspiration from a remarkable 2007-2013 work titled Fashion Plaza Nights, by Patrick Bernatchez.
To give visitors a full appreciation of the current exhibitions, four tours will be offered during the Nocturne. These user-friendly visits will facilitate exchanges of views and ideas on the exhibitions, and will be held at:
- 7:30 p.m.
- 8 p.m.
- 8:30 p.m.
- 9 p.m.
From 6 to 11 p.m., educators will also be on hand in the galleries to answer visitors’ questions.
- 5 to 8 p.m.: Stéphane Cocke (Listen on Soundcloud) / Facebook
- 8 to 11 p.m.: Ryan Otis (Listen on Soundcloud) / Facebook
- 11 p.m. to 2 a.m.: Body Meta (Listen on Mixcloud) / Facebook