Plan your visit
Welcome to the MAC!
The museum is open! In order to plan your visit, we propose you get acquainted with the Guide below.
Before your visit to the museum …
- If you have COVID-19 related symptoms (fever, dry cough, fatigue, respiratory difficulties, headache, etc.), please stay at home, take care of yourself and reschedule your visit.
- Purchase your ticket online prior to your visit. You will also be asked to reserve a time slot. Consult our new hours and admissions information.
- Make sure to be on time as the museum may have to refuse entry to guests who didn’t make their chosen time-slot due to strict rules limiting our capacity to welcome visitors
- To comply with government directives, it is mandatory to wear a face-covering while in the museum. Protecting yourself also protects others.
- The cloakroom is self-service only. Please keep your personal belongings to a minimum.
Upon arrival at the museum …
- Go to the MAC’s main entrance, located at 185, Saint-Catherine Street West.
- We ask that you respect social distancing measures while waiting to enter the museum. It is possible that you may have to wait in line outside. We ask that you use this time to familiarize yourself with the museum’s guidelines for visitors.
- Follow signage to the Admissions counter where your ticket will be validated.
- Start your visit!
Are you a member?
Welcome back to your museum!
We invite you to reserve your ticket online and select a time-slot prior to your visit. Member rate (free) will be applied online.
During your visit …
Wash your hands upon entry to the museum and before exiting at appointed handswashing stations.
Cough in your elbow.
Respect the directions on floors and walls relaying information regarding social distancing and the itinerary in place, and listen to museum personnel.
Should you feel ill during your visit, please communicate with a member of the staff quickly to get help.
What sanitary measures are in place?
A limited number of visitors is accepted at any given time in the museum and in the exhibition rooms in order to respect social distancing measures.
High traffic surfaces are subject to frequent cleaning by museum personnel.
Sanitation stations with sanitizing gel are available throughout the museum. Use them!
You may circulate freely throughout the museum, but we would greatly appreciate it if you follow the path designed to carry you through the exhibition.
Employees in direct contact with visitors will wear face-coverings.
Are there products and services not currently offered?
Day camps have also been cancelled.
Children’s parties, workshops, guided tours and group visits are temporarily suspended.
The restaurant and the boutique are closed.
You can’t join us at the museum?
Consult our website regularly and follow us on social media to get the inside track on exclusive digital content.
If you wish to support the museum, you can make a donation now to the Fondation du MAC
If you have any other questions, write us at [email protected].