The Musée d’art contemporain de Montréal is pleased to partner with the Claudine and Stephen Bronfman Family Foundation for the 2023 edition of SéminArts, an educational program that offers an introduction to collecting contemporary art. Over five weeks, participants will have the opportunity to actively engage in conversations with various key contributors from the Montreal art scene including artists, curators and gallery owners. Each will offer an intimate look at what it means to be a collector today.
Why take part?
- Discover enigmatic art collections throughout the island of Montreal.
- Gain insights on the unique relationship between artists and collectors.
- Participate in conversations that promote the building of new networks.
Who is SéminArts for?
Open to anyone curious to learn more about collecting and the world of contemporary art. Reserve early, spaces limited.
- Tuesday, November 7: The Artist Studio
Visit of an artist studio and viewing of works in production with Lesley Johnstone, Director of Curatorial and Artistic Operations at the MAC.
- Tuesday, November 14: The Artist Residency
Meeting with artists Mallory Lowe Mpoka, Molly Bertheaud, Marie-Danielle Duval, Kimberly Orjuela in their Belgo residency space. Viewing of works in progress and talk with manager of the residency, gallerist Hugues Charbonneau.
- Tuesday, November 21: The Commercial Gallery
Conversation with gallery owner Pierre-François Ouellette and artist Leila Zelli, and tour of her exhibition, A Chant Can Cross the Ocean.
- Tuesday, November 28: The Private Collection
Discover the remarkable collection of a Montreal couple.
- Tuesday, December 5: The Corporate Collection
Visit of a corporate collection and meeting with the curator.
Questions regarding the program or accessibility requirements? Contact us: 514-847-6244, [email protected]
This program is offered with the generous support of the Claudine and Stephen Bronfman Family Foundation.