The Musée d’art contemporain de Montréal is pleased to partner with the Claudine and Stephen Bronfman Family Foundation for the 2023 edition of SéminArts, an educational program that offers an introduction to collecting contemporary art. Over five weeks, participants will have the opportunity to actively engage in conversations with various key contributors from the Montreal art scene including artists, curators and gallery owners. Each will offer an intimate look at what it means to be a collector today.
This activity is full.
Why take part?
- Discover enigmatic private art collections.
- Meet artists whose artworks are part of several public and private collections.
- Take part in conversations with internationally recognised museum curators and gallerists.
- Gain insights on the unique relationship between artists and collectors.
- Participate in conversations that promote the building of new networks.
Who is SéminArts for?
Open to anyone curious to learn more about collecting and the world of contemporary art.
Spaces limited. Book early to avoid disappointment.
Tuesday, May 2: Visit to the Bradley Ertaskiran Gallery with owner and co-director Megan Bradley. Get a behind-the-scenes look at the forthcoming exhibition by artists Rick Leong and Alexa Hawksworth.
Tuesday, May 9: Visit to artist Manuel Mathieu’s studio in the presence of the artist and Ayizan studio manager Geneviève Sénécal.
Tuesday, May 16: Visit to the private art collection of Sébastien Barangé and Gérald Filion, founder of the contemporary art organization Adélard.
Tuesday May 23: Exhibition visit in a corporate context (Ernst & Young) with curators Diane Gistal, Florence Agathe Dubé-Moreau and Louise Davey.
Tuesday, May 30: Visit of the exhibition “d’un seul souffle” (working title) by artist Sophie Jodoin at Artexte with Marie-Eve Beaupré, curator and head of the collection at the Musée d’art contemporain de Montréal.
* On Saturday, May 20, SéminArts participants are invited to the launch of the new exhibition at Adélard in Frelighsburg. A bus will be made available to participants.
- Format: 5 sessions (in French) in person
On Tuesdays May 2, 9,16, 23, 30 from 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Sessions will take place in a different location each week, such as an artist’s studio, a gallery or an artist’s center, near downtown Montreal.
- Fee(s): $225, tax included, for the 5 sessions
15% off for MACarte holders
Learn about all the benefits of becoming a member of the museum and join a growing community of people interested in activities and educational programs like Séminarts.
For more Information about the program: [email protected]
This program is offered with the generous support of the Claudine and Stephen Bronfman Family Foundation.