The Musée d’art contemporain de Montréal is pleased to partner with the Claudine and Stephen Bronfman Family Foundation for the 2023 edition of SéminArts, an educational program that offers an introduction to collecting contemporary art. Over five weeks, participants will have the opportunity to actively engage in conversations with various key contributors from the Montreal art scene including artists, curators and gallery owners. Each will offer an intimate look at what it means to be a collector today.
Why take part?
- Discover enigmatic private art collections.
- Meet artists whose artworks are part of several public and private collections.
- Take part in conversations with internationally recognised museum curators and gallerists.
- Gain insights on the unique relationship between artists and collectors.
- Participate in conversations that promote the building of new networks.
Who is SéminArts for?
Open to anyone curious to learn more about collecting and the world of contemporary art.
Spaces limited. Book early to avoid disappointment
- Tuesday, May 2: Visit of a corporate collection
- Tuesday, May 9: Visit with a curator from the Musée d’art contemporain de Montreal
- Tuesday, May 16: Visit of an artist’s studio
- Tuesday May 23: Visit to private collectors’ home
- Tuesday, May 30: Visit of an art gallery
- Format: 5 sessions (in French) in person
On Tuesdays May 2, 9,16, 23, 30 from 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Sessions will take place in a different location each week, such as an artist’s studio, a gallery or an artist’s center, near downtown Montreal.
- Fee(s): $225, tax included, for the 5 sessions
15% off for MACarte holders
Learn about all the benefits of becoming a member of the museum and join a growing community of people interested in activities and educational programs like Séminarts.
For more Information about the program: [email protected]
This program is offered with the generous support of the Claudine and Stephen Bronfman Family Foundation.